FW: [Snort-users] SNORT Newbie

joel at ...13033... joel at ...13033...
Sun Feb 13 21:44:43 EST 2005

Ok, so that means that they were successful in gaining access to my
computer?  Is there anyway to check if my firewall has been corrupted or if
it's just faulty?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Adam
Kliarsky
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:22 PM
To: joel at ...13033...; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] SNORT Newbie

Joel -
Snort uses class-types in it's rules to help classify attacks (alerts).
Normally these are defined in the classification.config file used by Snort.
Not sure how it's set up w/ Kerio.
There are several different class-types - 'successful-user' means that
according to the rule that was triggered, user privileges were gained in the
attack.

Hope that helps -

- Adam