[Snort-users] Hardware Specs

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez jkerouac at ...12346...
Sun Feb 13 04:32:30 EST 2005

El vie, 11-02-2005 a las 09:57 -0500, Steve Baker escribió:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm, in the process of specing out a machine to handle streams from 3
> (possibly scalable to 6) 100 mb connections with no plans to upgrade
> to gigE at any point in the near future.

6 100mb streams it's a whole lot of traffic, man...
If you need to run a snort with this traffic you will need
a lot of computer power. But it all depends on how much
occupied the connections will be. If they are full you
can go and search for "gigabyte snort" in google :-)

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC