[Snort-users] Snort for Win32 and winpcap...

Ionreflex ionreflex at ...4554...
Thu Feb 10 17:37:52 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

Tanks for the quick reply, but maybe i didn't express
myself correctly, for you haven't got my point - no
sweat, i'm not totally bilingual, so it could be my
fault!

The fact is that i try to be an up-to-date user : 2
days ago, nmap v3.81 was out, so i tried it, to find
out it simply didn't run on my system (WinXP SP2... if
you need to know, i'm kind of beta tester for the
company i work for!) Snort 2.3 was working fine along
with winpcap 3.0, but decide to install winpcap 3.1b4
to give nmap a chance... guess what ? Everything
worked fine then, but, as i knew, snort gave me the
known error i found all over the net "The procedure
entry point PacketGetInfo could not be located in the
dynamic link library packet.dll."

So, i know for a fact that Snort 2.3 works marvelously
with Winpcap 3.0, but is there a chance it will with
the new version of Winpcap, namely 3.1 ?

N.B.: Paleez forgive my Englitch!

=====
ion][reflex
[reflexion]