[Snort-users] Web based administration

John Creegan jcreegan at ...9729...
Thu Feb 10 13:26:03 EST 2005

There is a webmin module available for snort rules management.  Webmin, of course, is web-browser based.  You can find it at: http://msbnetworks.net/snort/

At 01:09 PM 2/10/2005, N B wrote:
>I'm using snort-2.1.
>It is working fine.
>Now, as far as administration is conserned, we need to do it manually.
>
>e.g example creating new rules, editing old rules, etc ..
>
>Is there any webbased tool available which allows us to do all snort
>related manipulations ?
>For reports we are using ACID.

As far as rule management goes I don't know of any web-based interfaces for
that. There are some tools out there that aid in rule management, such as
oinkmaster, but they aren't web based.

Also, what does this have to do with 802.1q vlan tags?

hint: just because you wiped out the subject doesn't mean your message
won't show up as a reply to some other thread... the References: header is
used by threading mail readers, so this post appears as a member of that
thread to users that thread their mail. (I don't do threading, but I do tag
replies to my posts and your post got hit).

  I'd suggest in the future not trying to use a reply and instead create a
new message, otherwise some users won't see your post at the top level but
will see it buried under some other thread they aren't interested in.