[Snort-users] Looking to update rules in remote locations securely

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at ...3877...
Wed Feb 9 18:50:24 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Bob Konigsberg wrote:

> I've got some snort systems in remote locations that need to pick up a set
> of rules from my central system via scp (secure copy).
>
> I've asked such questions before and been advised in various ways on how to
> set up certificates and such to automate the process - and had no luck.  I'm
> sure it's just one or two things that I'm missing, but I've spent a lot of
> time with not much progress, and I NEED progress.  I've also tried Expect
> scripts and gotten nowhere with those as well.

Not sure by your email what OS(s) are involved but this ought to provide
all the steps you need:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-keyc.html

You might also consider using rsync over SSH.

Good luck.
Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com