[Snort-users] Snort rules

sEc nErD umkcguy1978 at ...131...
Tue Feb 8 09:35:00 EST 2005

Hi ALL
I am going through the rules file for snort sensor when i see in the /etc/snort directory
i see the snort.conf,snort.conf.inside and snort.conf.outside

could anybody tell me how these are hierarchial

like if i want to see rules enabled for inside does the snort.conf.inside is the file i look for or is it the other
how is snort.conf related or hierarchiaised with snort.conf.outside or snort.conf.inside
thanks