[Snort-users] snort -protocol support

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Feb 8 08:31:00 EST 2005

At 06:28 AM 2/8/2005, s a wrote:
>I like to know whether it is possible to configure snort for WAP support
>like Wireless Session Protocol(WSP),
>Wireless Transaction Protocol(WTP)...If so needed some suggestions in this
>regard.The above is required
>as my intention is to test the WSP packet that i capture lively with the
>"WAP Forum" standards at the bit level.

Reposting the same question without changing it isn't going to get you an
answer.

Since I know nothing about WSP, WAP, or WTP, it would be impossible for me
to answer your questions. Judging from the silence, nobody else here knows
enough about them either.

In general, snort looks at things at the IP layer and up. If it's an IP
packet, snort can be configured to detect it. Since snort has no built-in
preprocessors fro WAP, WSP or WTP, you'll probably need to write some fancy
PCRE statements to parse them.