[Snort-users] Installing Snort 2.3.0

Plantier, Spencer spencer.plantier at ...12801...
Mon Feb 7 08:05:12 EST 2005

What exactly is it looking for in the include and lib directories. I
have tried about everything I can think of and still cant get it to get
pass trying to find libpcap. I know libpcap works because I have
ethereal running.

Thanks,

Spencer
-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of hans
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:17 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Installing Snort 2.3.0

hi Spencer

looks like a solaris installation. but libpcap in
/opt/sfw/bin - definitivly not
it's placed in the lib-directory
i use the compiler flags, which work fine for me
export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/sfw/include
-I/opt/sfw/include'
export LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -L/opt/sfw/lib'
export CC=gcc

using this you don't need the --with-libpcap token

best regards
hans