[Snort-users] Remote logging to central SNort system?

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Sun Feb 6 12:39:41 EST 2005

--On Sunday, February 6, 2005 2:32 PM -0500 mdpeters
<michael.peters at ...10939...> wrote:

> I am trying to get a remote sensor to log MySQL alerts into a central
> Snort MySQL. The connection fails as indicated by the message below.
>
> snort: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error:
> #HY000Host 'remote-sensor.mydomain.com' is not allowed to connect to this
> MySQL server.

Did you set up an account on mysql like this:

grant select,insert on snort.* to uid at ...12999...?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member