[Snort-users] Remote logging to central SNort system?

mdpeters michael.peters at ...10939...
Sun Feb 6 11:37:33 EST 2005

I am trying to get a remote sensor to log MySQL alerts into a central Snort
MySQL. The connection fails as indicated by the message below.

snort: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL ERROR: database: mysql_error:
#HY000Host 'remote-sensor.mydomain.com' is not allowed to connect to this
MySQL server.

Does anyone know what would cause this? Do the Snort versions need to be the
same? Is there something on the central Snort MySQL that I need to set up?

Best regards,

Michael