[Snort-users] Regarding snort usage

s a nmit at ...8508...
Thu Feb 3 22:34:08 EST 2005

Hello sir,
         I want to make a test in the WAP domain.For
example, in WSP-Wireless Session Protocol i want to
test the header contents whether it is equal to some
standards specified by WAP Forum limited.
                  Also i like to alert some message if
the contents are equal to the desired one.I had seen
those rule types,options mentioned in the snort manual.

I like to know What steps i have to perform
1.For snort to recognise this WSP protocol.
2.Procedures regarding where to keep my rules set..

Sir,whether the above is possible with snort?.if so
i kindly request your help.Expecting +ve reply,
                           Thanking You Sir