[Snort-users] streaming media detection

Seth Art sethart at ...11827...
Thu Feb 3 12:37:29 EST 2005

I am also interested in detecting streaming audio into our network.
Its been eating up a ton of our bandwidth.  I searched the bleeding
signatures and it doesnt look like there are any rules yet that look
for streaming http traffic.  Has anyone played with this yet?   Is
there any other way to flag this stuff besides by retroactivily
finding IP address subnets?

-Seth