[Snort-users] Snort 2.3

SN ORT snort_on_acid at ...131...
Thu Feb 3 09:08:46 EST 2005

There is absolutely nothing wrong with running Snort
on Redhat 7.x, Many have been doing it for years. What
would be the point to have to constantly update it if
only you can get to it and it only runs Snort? I also
run it on FreeBSD, and why would I want to keep that
updated? SO what if it's no longer available or not
supported?  The OS is running, solidly, bugfree, tried
tested and proven! What more is there? And a lot of
people have smaller machines to run this stuff on. I'm
a little discouraged at the newer fat distros anymore
and the giant resources required to even load them up.

The bottom line is, on an IDS/IPS system, a
low-profile OS is the best match. Newer distros are a
waste of resources.

Cheese!
Marc

http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=3Dsnort-users

href="http://it.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com"><b>Nuovo
> Yahoo! Messenger</b></a> E' molto più divertente:
> Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo
> ora!
> --0-489904743-1107443685=:50488--

=== message truncated ===