[Snort-users] Running Snort on Checkpoint NG AI/Secure Platform

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Wed Feb 2 11:54:30 EST 2005

Also, comparing Smart Defense to Snort isn't what I would say is really
comparing apples and apples :)

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1134 N. Main St.
Algonquin, IL 60102
Tel: (877) 262-7593 x327
Fax: (877) 262-7593
Web: http://www.appliedwatch.com <http://www.appliedwatch.com/>

  _____

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Ballard, Sean
(HHS/OS)
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:32 PM
To: 'Ruiyuan Jiang'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Running Snort on Checkpoint NG AI/Secure Platform

Well, there are a few reasons. Snort is much MUCH more flexible IMHO then SD
(SD is a great IPS though). Smart Defense also requires a software
subscription. What I am doing is measuring whether what I want to do is
first possible from a technical level, then of course a final decision will
be made as whether to use SD instead. At this stage I'm just trying to see
if it's been done by anyone before I setup my test environment.

-Sean

  _____