[Snort-users] setting up snort mysql database

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Tue Feb 1 17:56:28 EST 2005

Hi-

Please see comments and questions inline below...

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 15:26, Plantier, Spencer wrote:
> In the instructions it says to
> mysql>source/download/snort-2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql. No matter what
> I put in example:

I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of Snort as quite a bit
has changed, most for the better.<g>

> You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
> near '/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql
>
> What am I doing wrong? I got snort from the sun software companion cd.

This error is not with Snort or the script file, it is with how you are
command takes the file name as an arguement.  So when you put in
/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql
you need to make that "source
/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql" (without
the quotes).

If you need any more help, just let us know,
Kevin Johnson

BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!