[Snort-users] Snort rules vs. WhiteHat rules

Hugo hchlai at ...2792...
Tue Feb 1 12:53:47 EST 2005

Has anyone tried to use the Snort rules and ArachNIDS rules together? What's the result? I have found some of the Snort rules to be a bit general, which fits well if you want your IDS to do a range of work. ArachNIDS rules seem a bit more specific and targetted to real attacks, it looks like it's generating less false positive alerts as well. I just want to know how many of the Snort users actually deploy the original Snort rules?

Hugo

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.