[Snort-users] setting up snort mysql database

Plantier, Spencer spencer.plantier at ...12801...
Tue Feb 1 12:31:04 EST 2005

In the instructions it says to
mysql>source/download/snort-2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql. No matter what I
put in example:
/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort/contrib/create_mysql
I get
You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'/opt/sfw/bin/snort/download/snort.2.0.0/contrib/create_mysql

What am I doing wrong? I got snort from the sun software companion cd.

Thanks

Spencer Plantier
System Network Administrator

301 Gregson Dr