[Snort-users] Problem: Win32 v2.4.3 does not start as a Service

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Dec 28 13:00:02 EST 2005

Thanks to everyone that was involved in sorting out the problem. It looks
like the developers need to sort out how to best implement the fix. Editing
the Registry could be a little tricky for some.

For those that would prefer a more automated way:

We have posted the fix in our forums with an attachment called
'SnortSvc-Fix.zip'. By extracting the .reg file from the .zip file all that
is needed is to double click the .reg and it will automatically make the
necessary alterations to the registry.

Remember to always use the necessary precautions when manually or
automatically editing the registry.

Location:
http://www.winsnort.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=1468#1468

Kindest regards,