[Snort-users] Bonding or bridging two subnets

Robert Welz welz at ...13668...
Wed Dec 28 04:48:04 EST 2005

Now everythig becomes confusing. First my original posting had an immediate reply (not
to the list but to me privately) in french which I didn't understand. I thoght the
message was rejected due to some unicode / iso charset mismatch. It looked really
wiered, especially if you don't speak a single word french. especially not
"unicode-french".

Then barryab63 answered me (thx barryab63!), but to my private postbox and to the list
but I replied to him and not to the list.

To get things back on track I post my second question here again.

barryab63-ia at ...131... wrote:
 > I don't think you'll want to bond or bridge the two interfaces in the case you
describe.  I think you'll want to run multiple instances of snort, one for each of the
two interfaces you want to monitor.  If you installed via RPM on SUSE I think you can
do this by changing the settings in the /etc/sysconfig/snort file.  You just tell it
which interfaces you want snort to monitor and it pretty much takes care of everything
for you.

 > Barry

Runnig two processes of snort on the same machine has more computing costs than
running one process? I have 3 Gigabit (although 32Bit cards) which I want to observe.
Will my 2.6 GHZ Celeron be enough? I plan logging to a different machine though.
Thanks,
Robert

SquirrelMail looks wired with unicode

Betreff:  	Notification d'=?unicode-1-1-utf-7?Q?+AOk-tat de remise
(+AOk-chec)?=
Von:  	postmaster at ...12594...
Datum:  	Mi, 28.12.2005, 13:01
An:  	welz at ...13668...
Priorität:  	Normal
Optionen:  	Alle Kopfzeilen anzeigen |  Druckversion zeigen

Cette notification d'+AOk-tat de remise est g+AOk-n+AOk-r+AOk-e
automatiquement.

+AMk-chec de la remise aux destinataires suivants.

Thunderbird yeah!

----------------------
Cette notification d'état de remise est générée automatiquement.

Échec de la remise aux destinataires suivants.

        anjah at ...12594...

Reporting-MTA: dns;imedia-hvj182q6.imedia.net
Received-From-MTA: dns;imedia.fr
Arrival-Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:01:35 +0100

Final-Recipient: rfc822;anjah at ...12594...
Action: failed

Subject:
[Snort-users] Bonding or bridging two subnets
From:
"R. Welz" <welz at ...13668...>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:58:02 +0100 (CET)