[Snort-users] Problem: Win32 v2.4.3 does not start as a Service

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Mon Dec 26 14:54:02 EST 2005

I've seen reports of this happening recently, but it is not happening with
every install.

Try removing WinPcap 3.1 (the correct way) and install 3.0 to see if that
makes a difference.

We are going into a testing phase after the first of the year on all our
install guides. We are not encountering any of these reported problems with
out current bed of testing equipment. All new testing will be conducted from
fresh installs, and we anticipate completion by 1.8.06, with new install
guides available.

Kindest regards,
Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management Team Member