[Snort-users] Help regarding the IP logging layout

Palula Brasil palula at ...1836...
Fri Dec 23 05:15:06 EST 2005

Hi there...

I'm a little confused about the IP's logged within the /var/log/snort/. The
thing is that I don't know if the IP's that are logged there are the IP's of
attacking hosts to my computer or if it is the computer within my network
that is being attacked...

I got 4 diffrent IP's on th folder including my own IP... Was my computer
attacking itself? Or does it log the IP of the computer that is being
attacked, because mine is assigned via DHCP by the service provider so it
will change everytime I reconnect to the server...

Thanks a lot! :-)