[Snort-users] Snort doubt

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Fri Dec 16 08:36:03 EST 2005

I think Snort's primary packet struct has to smoothly incorporate a
notion of encapsulation in order to effectively handle IPv6 and all
the variations of tunneling that can occur with IPv4/v6 networks.
I've got some prototypes of that sort of thing worked up but even
once the decoder supports it, all the code that references IP
addresses (and uses them for hash tables, etc) has to be updated to
account for v6 addresses.

This is definitely on the TODO list, sorry it's taking so long!

      -Marty