[Snort-users] Sticky-drop

G Ramon Gomez gene at ...13522...
Wed Dec 7 08:01:03 EST 2005

Hi Patrick,
With regards to this particular issue, one thing that caught me when I
started using RSTs was that the packets get sent using the routing
table.  In my case I had a stealth bridging firewall that I had set up
with flexresp, but found that, although Snort was listening on br0 (eth1
+ eth2, no IPs assigned), RST packets were being emitted on eth0 (my
management interface, where my only IP was assigned).  As a result, my
stateful firewalls on the management network were dropping the packets.
Double-check that the RSTs are being sent out the interface you think
they're going out through.

- Ramon