[Snort-users] Snort to monitor several servers

G Ramon Gomez gene at ...13522...
Mon Dec 5 08:19:26 EST 2005

Jacob,
Wouldn't a possible solution be to install Snort on each server then
have them all report to a central database?
 From your wording, it almost sounds like you're trying to provide
protection to individual servers using a NIDS installed on each system.
You may be better off using a HIDS like Samhain to provide individual
system protection with NIDS at a few network choke-points, and
centralize all of the logging using something like Prelude.

- Ramon