[Snort-users] Re: BASE vs. ACID Quick Question

John Creegan jcreegan at ...9729...
Thu Aug 25 12:37:47 EDT 2005

>Are there enough benefits with BASE that it is worth switching from
>ACID?  Hopefully, someone that has used both products can respond and
>share his or her thoughts.  They appear to be very similar products
>other than BASE having added security administration.  I work in a small
>environment that will probably not utilize the option to assign
>different security to administrators.  Any help with this decision would
>be greatly appreciated.
>
>Steve Brown
>
>Systems Analyst
>
>Delta Dental Plan of Kentucky
>
>(502) 736-4646
>
>Steve.Brown at ...13456...

Having used both I couldn't imagine going back to BASE.  There are many useful improvements to ACID (thanks for all your hard work on ACID, Roman!) in the BASE product (and thanks for all your work, Kevin and team!) that I consider useful.  Here's two right off the top:
     1. It's way faster
     2. It allows you to flip between the current and archive databases, meaning
         I don't need two side-by-side installs of the application.

Hope this helps.

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.