[Snort-users] Almost there! Complaining about no MySQL support after recompiling with --with-mysql

Chris W. Parker cparker at ...13453...
Wed Aug 24 16:36:20 EDT 2005

Hello,

So I've got BASE installed (and working) and Snort installed and
"working". The problem now is that the first time I ./configure'd I did
not add --with-mysql. /var/log/messages said to just reurn ./configure
but this time add the --with-mysql option. I did that as well as 'make'
and 'make install' but I'm still getting the MySQL error in
/var/log/messages.

Also, during the configure process it is finding MySQL so I don't think
I need to do '--with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql'.

Thanks for you help.

Chris.