[Snort-users] Advantages of Snort IDS over eTrust IDS

M Raju protocoljunkie at ...11827...
Wed Aug 24 07:29:14 EDT 2005

Never used eTrust IDS, but if you want more information about Snort
the docs section is really helpful:

http://www.snort.org/docs/

Personally I like snort for many reasons, including the fact that it
is Open Source, Modular architecture (developing plugins is easy),
flexible language to write rules, and many many more..

Hope that is a start...

Cheers,

_Raju

On 8/24/05, Giri Vardhan Valluru <vgiriv at ...125...> wrote:
> Sorry for the trouble. But my interest in Snort is forcing me to write this
> mail.
>
> I have been using eTrust IDS for some time at my work place. I don't find it
> too much interesting so I started searching for some good IDS softwares on
> internet. I came across this website. I want to know what advantages does
> Snort provide over eTrust IDS with respect to operations, ease of use,
> updates etc.
>
> Can you help me on it so that I can suggest my company also for the change
> of IDS server.
>
> Regards,
>
> Giri
> (new user of snort)