[Snort-users] Advantages of Snort IDS over eTrust IDS

Giri Vardhan Valluru vgiriv at ...125...
Wed Aug 24 07:13:12 EDT 2005

Sorry for the trouble. But my interest in Snort is forcing me to write this
mail.

I have been using eTrust IDS for some time at my work place. I don't find it
too much interesting so I started searching for some good IDS softwares on
internet. I came across this website. I want to know what advantages does
Snort provide over eTrust IDS with respect to operations, ease of use,
updates etc.

Can you help me on it so that I can suggest my company also for the change
of IDS server.

Regards,

Giri
(new user of snort)