[Snort-users] TCP Portsweep

Cody Holland cholland at ...13435...
Mon Aug 22 08:33:01 EDT 2005

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before.  But, being
pretty new to snort I'm going to ask it again.  Let me give you a bit of
background on the type of network.  This is an ISP type environment.
Customers are logging in getting DHCP IP's and surfing.  I'm getting a
bunch of TCP Portsweeps from local IP's going to the net.  A lot of them
on web ports.  I don't want to disable portsweep or supress this alert
simply because it could legitamately notify me of something going on.
Any words of wisdom out there on want to do?  Any info is greatly
appreciated.

Cody