[Snort-users] Snort w/ Base not recording hits.

George Laiacona glaiacona at ...11955...
Fri Aug 19 13:41:38 EDT 2005

I'm running Snort 2.3 with MySQL and BASE 1.0.1, and it appears as though Snort is not picking up any alerts. Just quit out of the blue one day a couple of weeks back, and I'm at a loss as to why. I can't figure out which piece stopped working. I don't see Snort in the ps -A list, but if I quit mysqld, I get a "Snort cannot connect to database" error in BASE.

Some pointers as to what to look for would be appreciated, thanks.

George A. Laiacona III
Systems Manager
Aiken County Government
803 642 1594