[Snort-users] Snort & ACID

Willy, Andrew AWilly at ...13017...
Mon Aug 15 09:26:19 EDT 2005

BASE.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Lean Cornelius [mailto:lean.cornelius at ...7125...]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 9:22 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort & ACID

Hi Guys/Girls

I have recently installed snort v2.3.3 and ACID v0.9.6b22 on RHEL3.
I am really impressed with the product (snort). Just a few questions:

Is there a complete list of all the Signature Database entries and
descriptions. I would like to go through them and build a parser to parse
the database and send me mail and text messages if certain events happen.
This way I can decide on what is important to me

I see that the ACID was last updated in 2003. Would you recommend me
changing to something else?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Lean Cornelius

SINTREX Integration Services (PTY) Ltd
Tijgerpark 2
Second Floor
Willie van Schoor Avenue
Bellville
7530
South Africa

Tel:          +27 (0) 21 914 6450
Fax:          +27 (0) 21 914 9878
Mobile:      +27 (0) 82 770 1604
Email:       lean.cornelius at ...7125...

which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
are not the intended
recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy or
delete the message.
Any use of information contained by this message, by persons or entities
other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY-The information in this email, including
attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain
confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only
by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify Scottsdale Medical Imaging, an affiliate
of Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, LTD immediately - by return message to the
sender or to support at ...13018... - and destroy all copies of this message and
any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Scottsdale Medical Imaging. Confidential health information is protected
by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related
regulations.