[Snort-users] Snort & ACID

Lean Cornelius lean.cornelius at ...7125...
Mon Aug 15 09:24:03 EDT 2005

Hi Guys/Girls

I have recently installed snort v2.3.3 and ACID v0.9.6b22 on RHEL3.

I am really impressed with the product (snort). Just a few questions:

Is there a complete list of all the Signature Database entries and
descriptions. I would like to go through them and build a parser to parse
the database and send me mail and text messages if certain events happen.

This way I can decide on what is important to me

I see that the ACID was last updated in 2003. Would you recommend me
changing to something else?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Lean Cornelius

SINTREX Integration Services (PTY) Ltd
Tijgerpark 2
Second Floor
Willie van Schoor Avenue
Bellville
7530
South Africa

Tel:          +27 (0) 21 914 6450
Fax:          +27 (0) 21 914 9878
Mobile:      +27 (0) 82 770 1604
Email:       lean.cornelius at ...7125...

which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
are not the intended
recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy or
delete the message.
Any use of information contained by this message, by persons or entities
other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.