[Snort-users] Error in ACID???

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Fri Aug 12 19:21:20 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 20:25 +0200, Kunael wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi-

> I'm trying to set up Snort+MySQL+ACID; I follow with accuracy the intructions
> provided in http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/rdanyliw/snort/acid_config.html,
> but I always get the same error when I load http://localhost/acid

First, I would recommend BASE instead of ACID since ACID really is a
dead project.

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_module_name()
> in /srv/www/htdocs/acid/acid_state_common.inc on line 49.

I don't know what operating system you are running but from the error I
have to assume a version of BSD.  We have had a number of reports of
this error since BSD doesn't install the session support for PHP by
default.

> I've revised the configuration files and their parameters in several times and
> I don't found any error.

This can't be fixed within the ACID configuration, since you are
actually missing part of the PHP install.

> ¿Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance.

No problem,
Kevin