[Snort-users] Appliances using free software

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...8860...
Thu Aug 11 15:27:07 EDT 2005

As our competitor, I can see why you'd be upset about the post.. However, I
was responding to a request posted by Gutemberg to this list for information
on vendors of open source appliances.

Before I digress, I'll clarify my statement. The Sourcefire Intrusion Agent
doesn't allow the administrator to manage the open source Snort
installations (rulesets, snort.conf, etc.) using the MC -- it aggregates and
pulls in alerts from it. If you want management, you must purchase their
sensors.

-------- snip -----------
-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Gutemberg A.
Vieira
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:39 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Appliances using free software

Hello all,

I need to make a list of appliances that use free software, so I think you
are the guys that can help me. I know that Source Fire is an option, but I
need more alternatives. Can you help me?

-------- snip -----------

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1095 Pingree Rd.
Suite 213
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Tel: (877) 262-7593 e:327
Fax: (877) 262-7593
Mob: (847) 456-6785
Web: http://www.appliedwatch.com
-
Enterprise Snort Management at http://www.appliedwatch.com.
Security Information Management for the Open Source Enterprise.
-