[Snort-users] Appliances using free software

Jeff Dell jdell at ...1095...
Thu Aug 11 13:10:18 EDT 2005

I thought we were done with the marketing on this list...

> Unlike Sourcefire, we allow you to use the free, open source
> version of Snort instead of requiring our appliance purchase.

Before you say what a competitor can or can't do in a public forum you
should really check to see if it is true.

From: http://www.sourcefire.com/products/is_agent.html

The Sourcefire Intrusion Agent allows open source Snort users to do more
than just detect intrusions; it enables a single Sourcefire Defense Center
to aggregate event information from one or more Snort sensors alongside data
from Sourcefire Intrusion Sensors and Sourcefire RNA sensors.

Cheers,

Jeff