[Snort-users] BASE 1.1.4 released

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...12400...
Tue Aug 9 19:56:16 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

We would like to take this time to announce the immediate release of
BASE 1.1.4 (cheryl).  Compared to some of our other releases, this is a
pretty small one.  We have added Polish and updated some of the other
languages.  We have also fixed some minor bugs in the system.  The
biggest fix is to the SQL files for new users.

The main reason this release is being put out is to thank Joel Esler.
Today is his first day with Sourcefire and he is out at LinuxWorld
representing the BASE project.  After this release he will no longer be
an active part of the BASE project and we wanted to take this moment to
thank him for everything that he has done for BASE and the Snort
community.

So all together now.... Thanks Joel!<g>

Thank You,
Kevin Johnson and the BASE development team
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!