[Snort-users] Doubt

Kevin Reiter tux at ...13329...
Fri Aug 5 12:13:49 EDT 2005

Ks, Mithun (GE Commercial Finance, non-GE) wrote:
> Os is Linux, DB is mysql.
> DB runs in application layer of OS .... is any problem in DB will it cause OS to hang....

As Patrick stated earlier, what do your logs tell you?  Is Snort running
automagically when the system starts, or do you start it manually?  What
configuration are you using?  Is Snort dumping binary files to Barnyard or
logging straight to MySQL?  What distro of Linux?

Please provide more details so we know what kind of setup you have.  The
more details you provide, the better help you will receive.  One-word
answers won't cut it.

And please don't top-post - it makes it difficult for others to follow the
discussion.

-Kevin