[Snort-users] Problems with MySQL & Snort

Stevo checkpoint at ...9765...
Tue Aug 2 14:32:09 EDT 2005

All,

I'm having problems getting Snort to start because it can't find the
mysql socket file.  The error I get is:

ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

MySQL is running just fine on this server, but the socket is
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.  I attempted to change the socket in my.cnf
but that stopped another application I'm using from running (as it's
looking for the /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock), so I need to work out how to
get Snort to look for /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock as the MySQL socket.

Does anyone have any ideas where that socket is defined in Snort and how
I can get around this?

Much appreciated.

Stevo