[Snort-users] alert_syslog does not contain alerts' priorities!!

Bahya NASSR EDDINE bahya_nassr at ...1855...
Tue Aug 2 04:59:01 EDT 2005

Hello there,

I set snort 2.3.3 to log alerts' messages to syslog by
adding "alert_syslog: LOG_LOCAL0" to snort.conf file.

The problem is that events' messages that snort logs
to syslog do not contain alerts priorities!

Please, how may I make snort log also alerts
priorities to syslog? This is impportant for me us I
want to use swatch (Simple Watcher) to monitor syslog
and to send by e-mail alerts whith specific
priorities.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards