[Snort-users] Problems with socket

slice 1unixoid at ...13292...
Fri Apr 29 11:00:14 EDT 2005

 I use ASPLinux - this is rpm-based Russian linux (something like
 RedHat). But all program that i need i install from source (snort
 2.3.2, mysql-4.0.23a, acid).
 Also  I have httpd-2.0.53 with php (version 4.1...), mod_ssl... (from
 rpm)

 MySQL i installed with this options:
 #./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql/ --without-innodb
              --without-isam --without-doc --with-mysqld-user=mysql --without-bench
              --without-debug --disable-large-files --localestatedir=/usr/local/mysql/data
 Snort:
 ./configure --with-mysql

 I started MySQL-server with standard options (may be)
 #./usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --with-user=mysql
 and now I have the  file mysql.server in /etc/rc0.d/

 I put the acid directory in my web-catalog /var/www/html/ and go to
 url in web-browser 127.0.0.1/acid/

 I Used BASE and it give the same error like acid...

 (I don`t use chroot for the programms...)
 My Mysql conf file in /etc/my.cnf:
[mysqld]
#socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
port = 3306
[mysql.server]
user=mysql
#basedir=/usr/local/

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld.pid

I can login to MySQL base and do everything what i want :)