[Snort-users] Problems with socket

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Fri Apr 29 10:32:16 EDT 2005

--On Friday, April 29, 2005 07:47:24 PM +0400 slice <1unixoid at ...13292...>
wrote:

> Hello, all!
> I have installed snort 2.3.2 with mysql support and also
> acid-0.9.6b23. When I clicked in browser in 127.0.0.1/acid/ i have
> this error:

First of all, dump acid now and get base.  Base is the logical extension of
acid and is updated regularly whereas acid is not updated at all.
http://secureideas.sourceforge.net/

Secondly, it's really tough to give advice without know what OS you're
using, whether you installed a package or compiled from source, how you're
starting mysql, whether or not you can login to mysql from the commandline,
etc., etc., etc.

Give us more details.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer