[Snort-users] Updating two snort directories with oinkmaster v1.2?

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Fri Apr 29 06:25:23 EDT 2005

I'm running two snort processes on a Win32 box, each monitoring
different lan segments via two nic cards. The two snort processes
use different rules (eg, /rules1 & /rules2), log to different
directories (eg, /log1 & log2), have individual snort config files
(eg, snort1.conf & snort2.conf). Both segments are rather low
volume traffic and both are working just fine.

Looking for a realistic way to use oinkmaster v1.2 to update the
rules in both /rules1 and /rules two directories. Each directory
is obviously using rules tailored to each segment.

The current oinkmaster config updates the rules in one directory
via a win32 bat file (which kicks off oinkmaster.pl and create-sidmap.pl.

Is there a way to tell oinkmaster to update both /rules1 and /rules2
from within a single oinkmaster.conf, or must I create two win32 bat
files to do this?

(Trying to keep from having to download bleeding, snapshot and current
'twice'.)

Rich