[Snort-users] Syslog Priority Classification

Esler, Joel - Contractor joel.esler at ...9426...
Thu Apr 28 06:58:37 EDT 2005

It depends on the classification in the rule.  "Classification:"  the
entries match up with classification.config, which, in turn assigns them
a number (1,2,3) thusly, your priority.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Peter
Barton
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:41 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Syslog Priority Classification

Hello all, I am attempting to determine the way Snort classifies alerts
as Priority 1, Priority 2 or Priority 3 when it is logging to syslog.  I
need to be able to validate what is getting reported to me with swatch,
but I can't do that until I know what the criteria is for Priority 1
alerts.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly
appreciative.

Thank you,

----
Peter Barton