[Snort-users] restarting snort and archive move failed on base

hans rosa.schwein at ...12989...
Wed Apr 27 15:44:20 EDT 2005

hi snorters

for those, who are interested in the solution.
or if you should have this problem, and dont wont to
delete all db-entries.

i did update ( adding a constant value ) all values of
all tables with column-name "cid" in the
alert-db to a value higher than max in the archive-db.

later i noticed, there is a table "sensor" with
column "last_cid" this value is only updated, if
snort terminates, i.e. with SIGTERM
but not if snort crashs or SIGKILL
maybe this is producing the situation.

best regards