[Snort-users] easy update question

Briggs, Bruce Bruce.Briggs at ...13183...
Tue Apr 26 09:01:19 EDT 2005

For Base and Oinkmaster, I prefer to install into a new directory.
This makes fallback easier should I experience problems, and I'm
guaranteed that my customized conf files do not get overwritten.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Jason
Benway
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:22 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] easy update question

I'm currently running snort 2.3.0,base 1.0.2, and oinkmaster 1.1
I want to upgrade all of these to the current release.
I'm running snort with mysql. I still like to use rpm files, so do I
install the snort rpm or the snort-mysql rpm first?
For base and oinkmaster I just extract the files over the current files
correct?

thanks,jb