[Snort-users] Connection failed from Windows sensor to Linux Snort server

Jitendra Gupta jitendrakrgupta_snort at ...5176...
Mon Apr 25 04:16:48 EDT 2005

Hello list,
           I have setup a Snort 2.3.2 server on
Mandrake 9.2 and a Windows sensor on Windows 2000.But
when I issue  the command :-

C:\snort\bin>snort -c snort.conf

I get the following error message :-

ERROR :database mysql_error:client does not support
authentication protocol requested by server,consider
upgrading mysql client
Fatal Error.Quitting.

I have also used the mysql ODBC client 3.5 from
mysql.com but it hasn't worked.
Please help me out and ask for any clarifications.
Jitendra