[Snort-users] FATAL ERROR: FLOWBITS ERROR: The number of flowbit IDs in the current ruleset exceed the maximum number of IDs that are allowed.

Russell Fulton r.fulton at ...3809...
Thu Apr 21 19:21:25 EDT 2005

Hi, This afternoon after updating my bleeding rules I got the above
error when restarting snort with the new rules.

I am using most of the standard snort rules and a lot of the bleeding
rules too.

I guess this means that there is a limit to the number of Flowbit rules
one can load at any time and that I have just exceeded it.

-bash-3.00$ snort -V

  o"  )~   Version 2.3.0 (Build 10)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team:
http://www.snort.org/team.html
           (C) Copyright 1998-2004 Sourcefire Inc., et al.

Any thought on where to go from here?

Russell
--
Russell Fulton, Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand