[Snort-users] Please Help me! How configure a span port in switch Cisco 6500

federico.juarez at ...12650... federico.juarez at ...12650...
Wed Apr 20 10:27:08 EDT 2005

Hello frends!

We have a problem, we have a Switch Cisco 6500, we have span port configured but
we dont see all the traffic and somebody tell me wich de port
Span in the Cisco 6500 use a encapsulation isl, and  snort needs to recognize
the corresponding encapsulation, I want to know if snort can recognize this
type of encapsulation?, and if not recognize this type of encapsulation, What
can I do for run snort and I can capture all the trafic on span port?.

I find the following link, and I dont not if this configuracion Its Ok,

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html#topic4

Please if anyone have some configuration for the span port in Switch Cisco 6500
to work with snort or have some recomendacion, please send me a email.

Thank you Very Much!

atte

Carlos Juarez.