[Snort-users] multiple snort instances and snortcenter

John Hally JHally at ...5637...
Wed Apr 20 05:43:09 EDT 2005

Hello All,

Is anyone managing multiple snort instances on one server with snortcenter?
I've tried to do this a couple of different ways with no success.
Essentially I have a system running two instances that monitor the two legs
of a tap (inbound/outbound) and I figured I'd just have to install separate
snortcenter agents running on different ports, but even though I can connect
to those agents directly with a browser, snortcenter can't.  I even added
separate ip addresses to the mgmt nic (virtuals) and still they show up red.
I'm curious if anyone else has attempted this and got it to work.

Thanks in advance!