[Snort-users] Winsnort help needed!

Peter Rodger prodger2008 at ...131...
Thu Apr 14 07:07:48 EDT 2005


Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

> Did you set up IIS with the Console virtual
> directory and set
> base_main.php as the only Default Document?
> 

YES.  

I really do not know what's wrong.  I followed the
exact steps as the Guide says.  

If I do not have the slave sensors, I took out the
sensor_name=HOSTNAME in snort.conf.  Is this right?

Thanks for the help and hope that anyone can point me
to the right direction.

Peter 


--- "Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs at ...13183...> wrote:
> Did you set up IIS with the Console virtual
> directory and set
> base_main.php as the only Default Document?
> 
> Bruce
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On
> Behalf Of Peter
> Rodger
> Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:58 PM
> To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Snort-users] Winsnort help needed!
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I followed the installation guide for Windows 2003
> IIS6 winsnort by Michael E. Steele.  
> 
> I am stuck in the Base Console.  When I do
> http://localhost/console/, I got nothing on the 
> screen.  All previous steps are OK.
> 
> I really do not know what's wrong.  I only have a
> Master sensor and I did not use sensor_name=HOSTNAME
> in snort.conf as I do not have slave sensors.
> 
> Any help will be welcomed.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Peter
> 
> 
> 		
> __________________________________ 
> Do you Yahoo!? 
> Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
> search. 
> http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
> 
> 
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.
>
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Snort-users mailing list
> Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Go to this URL to change user options or
> unsubscribe:
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users
> Snort-users list archive:
>
http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
> 
> 
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.
> http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_ide95&alloc_id396&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Snort-users mailing list
> Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Go to this URL to change user options or
> unsubscribe:
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users
> Snort-users list archive:
>
http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
> 


		
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/




More information about the Snort-users mailing list